December 10 – John 1
December 11 – John 2
December 12 – John 3
December 13 – John 4
December 14 – John 5
“….Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!” John 1:29 ESV
John presented Jesus as the perfect sacrifice.
He was the lamb who was to be sacrificed once and for all.
In the old testament the Jews had to sacrifice an animal for the forgiveness of sins.
David Guzik comments:
- He is the lamb slain before the foundation of the world.
- He is the animal slain in the Garden of Eden to cover the nakedness of the first sinners.
- He is the lamb God would Himself provide for Abraham as a substitute for Isaac.
- He is the Passover lamb for Israel.
- He is the lamb for the guilt offering in the Levitical sacrifices.
- He is Isaiah’s lamb to the slaughter, ready to be shorn
- Each of these lambs fulfilled their role in their death; this was an announcement that Jesus would die, and as a sacrifice for the sin of the world.
This week you’re going to pray so that God will show you the sin in your life. Pray so the blood of Jesus will completely cleanse your mind, you soul, your spirit. Thank the Father for sending his son Jesus for our salvation.
Blood of Jesus (G12 Worship)
Better Word (Leeland)